Database update process: The data files required for the database update is received from UNICEF in an excel format and the following steps are undertaken to complete the process by the data team in CSF.
- Source files review to ensure all the necessary elements (Indicator, unit, subgroups, time period and source) are available.
- Once the required information is available, we remove the data sheets with duplicate information and then tag the source file with relevant IUS’s against which the data will be recorded.
- If new IUS’s are to be included then we update the template with the required information.
- The next step includes creation of DES to capture all the required data from the source file.
- The DES is then imported into the existing database to create an updated version with the new data points.
- The team then performs a thorough QA to ensure that the received information has been captured as intended.
- The updated database is then hosted on the adaptation that was created for UNICEF HQ data.